Talks and Lectures
Ivan Herman – Semantic Web @ W3C
Tom Heath – The Web of Data
Manfred Hauswirth – Linking the Real World
Sean Bechhofer – Ontologies and Vocabularies
Valentina Presutti: Ontology Design Patterns
Aldo Gangemi – Meaning on the Web: An Empirical Design Perspective
Jerome Euzenat – Ontology Matching
Oscar Corcho – Semantic (Social) Sensor Networks
Peter Mika – Semantic Search
Asun Gomez Perez – Linked Data Applications: There is no one-size-fits-all formula
- Consuming Linked Data from the Web: Material prepared by Tom Heath. Using curl to understand the basics of accessing linked data from the Web, crawling data and creating a local triple store. See the instruction page for all the details.
- Querying on the Semantic Web: Material prepared by Mathieu d’Aquin. Building/Extending an application using a variety of SPARQL queries (including SPARQL update). See the general instruction for the hands-on session, also included in the zip file containing all the necessary material. You can also check a partial solution to the exercises (using Madrid as an example).
- OWL Reasoning Examples and Hands-On Session: Material prepared by Sean Bechhofer, Valentina Presutti and Aldo Gangemi. Everything is available on the webpages for the hands-on session.
- Ontology matching: Material prepared by Jerome Euzenat. Building and using alignments between ontologies and links between datasets. See the instruction page, also included in the zip file containing all the necessary material.
- Working with Heterogeneous Data and Services: Material prepared by Jerome Euzenat, Mathieu d’Aquin, Valentina Presutti and Juan Sequeda. Looking at different services to generate, find and enrich semantic data and ontologies. Everything is available on the instruction page for the hands-on session.
- Semantic Sensor Web and Social Semantic Web: Material prepared by Oscar Corcho. Working with data from weather stations. See the Instruction page, also included in the zip file containing relevant material.